Why I Love Reading and Learning: A Student of Life


"Be a student of life, always learning."

My Mini-Library
I thought learning was over when I graduated from college year 2012 but it was just the beginning of so much learning to come on me. I thought my relationship with books was over, that I was free from reading but I realized, I still needed books as I journey to be the person I wanted to be. It was just the start of the real life, the real world and the real thing.

It was just out of the blue when I started buying books after graduation. When I got my pay from work, I would happily buy some books from National Book Store, books that are inspirational, spiritual, business, self-help and nonfiction. From then on, I decided to be a student of life who loves learning from books and others’ experiences and up to now, I still love to learn. There is so much to learn, always.

I love books and hooking myself up on reading. At times, I also love reflecting on it. 

Here are the reasons why I love reading books:

1.    It helps me in my personal growth. I am on my 20’s and still carving, figuring out what’s in it for me, my passion, purpose and potential. Reading plays a big role on my development as a person who has dreams planted in her heart.

2.    It serves as a good hobby that enriches and exercises the mind.

3.    It makes me happier! 

4.    It helps me in writing poetry and articles better. I am a poet and a writer and reading helps me enhance my way of writing.

5.    It makes me travel the world virtually. I am a home-buddy; I love to stay in the house so thank you to books that make good companions and friends.

Some may find reading as boring but I find it enjoyable, taking me to places I have never been and enabling me to meet other people and even extraordinary types of creature. Some may find reading as an exhausting activity but I find it empowering when I get some quotable quotes from inspiring people.

It was from reading that I got some strength to continue living, celebrating and savoring each and every moment. It always reminds me that I am forever a student of life, always learning.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 QUESTIONS FOR SELF - DISCOVERY

What book did you read over and over again as a child?

Bookish Plump Met Bo Sanchez