Bookish Plump Met Bo Sanchez

Hi there good-looking friends! 

The following is my letter to my favorite inspirational book author, Bro. Bo Sanchez. I have written this on May 5 this year and the second part is his reply via email when we met on May 6 at a fund-raising seminar at World Trade Center. 

05/05/2017

Dear Bro. Bo Sanchez,

          I don’t know how to start but there is so much excitement and nervousness at the same time. I am so glad for this opportunity to finally meet you and see you. Thank you to Bro. JPaul Hernandez for giving me a chance to attend Baby Caleb’s fund raising event (I won a free pass online) and finally hand you this simple art I made for you last year. (Hope you like it!)


          I am an avid reader of your books and a fan of yours. It was December 2011 when I picked a copy of your book Don’t Worry be Happy at the bookstore and that time, I was having manic attacks. I was hyper; I bought all the books and stuffs I wanted. Yes, I have a mental illness called bipolar disorder and there were times I was on depressed states. From then on, reading your books made me feel empowered, inspired and moved to be the best person I can be. I read more and more of your books and I was happy reading it aloud at times and writing quotable quotes on my notebook.

          I thought I was doing well already but this December 2014, I got depressed again and this time I was confined in psyche ward for a month. What triggered the depression were the feelings of worthlessness, self-pity, insecurities, the lacks and the negatives. I felt that there’s no more hope for me and there were suicidal thoughts and attempts. But I felt not so alone that dark moment of my life. I have people around me who love and care for me. I have loving family and relatives.

 Darkness filled my surroundings. I know there’s God, there is Jesus but I did not have a deep relationship with Him. My personal mission in life is to go, grow and glow but I forgot that I have to be with God in my journey and that is why I got depressed.

I remembered when I was confined in a dark room for a month, there’s a small light as I look up, it reminded me of the shining light that brought hope to me and then I remembered your words that’s full of love and wisdom, thank you Bro. Bo for shining your light to other people like me.

          On my road to recovery, I still felt that there’s lacking in me. There was pain. There were sorrows and difficulties. Then on 2016, I started attending the Feast with my family and I feel so blessed and loved. From then on, I became better than before. I can smile without faking it. I became stronger to fight ill feelings inside me. I am able to shine my light to others J

 After all the trials I’ve been through, now I am the matured Jaja, 25 years old from Cabuyao, Laguna, happy serving and attending at Feast SM Santa Rosa Media Ministry as a poet/writer who is a reader of your books but now am also dreaming of writing an inspirational book that will inspire and bless other people too.

Thank you Bro. Bo! 

God bless you more so more people will be blessed and inspired. Take care.


-         Jaja Pablico

Hi Jaja,
Thanks for the beautiful artwork.
So lovely.
And thanks for sharing your story of healing.
Amazing.
You healed yourself.
Congratulations!
Praise God.
Keep serving the Lord...
Praying for you,
Bo








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 QUESTIONS FOR SELF - DISCOVERY

What book did you read over and over again as a child?